The Swiss Chamber of Commerce, SwissCham Southern Africa – South Africa Chapter, was inaugurated in April 2008.
SCSA-SAC is a bilateral Chamber of Commerce and Industry and as such it is our aim to strengthen and expand trade relations between Switzerland and South Africa.
Switzerland is in the top ten most important investment and trading partners to South Africa. The presence of Swiss enterprises in South Africa dates back to more than 100 years.
SwissCham is the most important private sector-focused body when it comes to the business ties between the two countries, obviously together with its parent Chamber, being SwissCham Southern Africa in Zürich.
SwissCham is a cooperation partner to the Swiss Business Hub at the Embassy in Pretoria, as well as to Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE).
Our members range from self-employed or small and medium enterprises to large, multi- national corporations
- To further trade relations between Swiss and South African Companies.
- To assist in the development of industry and commerce within the business community.
- To promote, encourage and represent the business interests of members.
- To help SME’s develop their contacts with the larger Corporations.
- To collect and disseminate information relating to corporate social responsibility community involvement and the practice of commerce and industry.
- Introductions and referrals to potential business partners.
- Assistance with focused research in regard to location, partners, suppliers and customers. Market overview and specific sectorial information.
- Assistance with regard to rules and regulations concerning technical specifications and/or import formalities etc.
- Providing a framework and network for referrals thus assist as a “one stop shop” at the planning stage of an enterprise, or at the changing stage of an established enterprise.
- We are able to assist with setting up, as well as advise on corporate citizenship programmes.
- SwissCham with its neutrality, can assist in underlining such efforts through programmes such as SSACI(Swiss South African Cooperation Initiative). Advise on Black Empowerment, and/or such other programmes.
- Luncheon and dinner meetings with leading speakers from industry, government and opinion leaders as an excellent networking and communication platform.
We have hosted speakers such as:
- Dennis Dykes, Chief Economist, Nedbank
- Tito Mboweni, then Governor of the SA Reserve Bank
- Mosiuoa Lekota, COPE
- Tony Twine, Econometrix
- Sepp Blatter, FIFA President
- Saki Macozoma, Liberty Life
- Michael Spicer, Business Leadership South Africa
- Thami Bolani, Chairman, National Consumer Forum
- Kuseni Dlamini, CEO, Old Mutual
- Bobby Godsell, Chairman, Business Leadership SA
- Jacko Maree, CEO, the Standard Bank Group
- John Kane-Berman, CEO, SA Institute of Race Relations
- Gill Marcus, Governor, SA Reserve Bank
- Fiona Forde, Journalist & Author
- Dr. Christo Wiese, Chairman, Pepkor & Shoprite
- Donna Oosthuyse, Country Manager, Citi Bank SA
- Helen Zille, Leader of the Democratic Alliance
- Prof. Raymond Parsons, Professor, Graduate School of Business, North West University, Special Policy Advisor, BUSA
- Dr. Blade Nzimande, Minister of Higher Education and Training
- Brigadier Piet Byleveld, Crime & Commercial Investigator
- Adv Thuli Madonsela, Public Protector of South Africa
- Moeletsi Mbeki, Political Economist
- Herman Mashaba, Mayor of Johannesburg, Entrepreneur and Author
- Mmusi Maimane, Parliamentary Leader of the Democratic Alliance
- Doris Leuthard, Federal Councillor of Switzerland
- Malusi Gigaba, Minister of Home Affairs
- Lesetja Kganyago, Governor of the South African Reserve Bank
- Zenene Sinombe, High Commissioner of the Republic of Botswana
- Valentin Zellweger, Ambassador, Director of International Law, acting as Legal Advisor to the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Nicky Newton-King, CEO of The Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Danie Meintjes, CEO of Mediclinic Group
- Dr Anthea Jeffrey, Head of Policy Research, Institute of Race Relations
- Nhlanhla Nene, Minister of Finance
- Sipho Pityana, Chairman, Anglogold Ashanti
- Wayne Duvenhage, CEO, Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (OUTA)
- Dr. Marcus Cornaro, Ambassador of the European Union to South Africa
Special packages for large Corporates
(to be negotiated, as per individual needs )
- Assistance or active support in the areas of promotion and marketing of products and services.
- Facilitating of business plans, marketing concepts and strategies.
- Providing advice on the formation of companies or subsidiaries.
- Procurement of custom tailored legal or tax advise, etc.
“Success demands singleness of purpose – accomplishment is our journey”
SwissCham aims to contribute and further the economic, commercial and cultural relationship between the Swiss and South African Business Community
- Excellent customer service
- Social responsibility